Exterior Painting: Avoid These Common Mistakes
The exterior of your home or office is one of the first things visitors notice. Furthermore, they notice much more than you’d think, and most people can tell the difference between a DIY paint job and a professional paint job.
DJ’s Painting in southern New Jersey specializes in all things paint, from interior to exterior and objects as well. We believe that when it comes to your home or business, you don’t want to skimp on costs. After all, a good paint job can increase the value of your home and its curb appeal, and you will make a better first impression on your customers.
We understand, however, that many people do like to DIY their paint projects, in which case we suggest avoiding some of the mistakes listed above. Here are our tips for a DIY paint job:
- Spend the time to prep. This includes cleaning the surface to be painted, laying down drop cloths, and using painting tape for nice, crisp lines.
- Buy the right paintbrushes. Different types of paint work better with different types of brushes. For example, latex paint requires a synthetic bristled-brush; whereas, oil-based paint works best with a natural bristle. It’s also a good idea to read up on proper paint application technique so you have a more polished look.
- Use the right type of paint for your project.
- Use primer, which is a surface that paint can bind to that creates a more beautiful finished look.
- Don’t rush the second coat. You need to wait until your first paint coat is completely dry before applying a second coat. This is usually at least 24 hours, but could be longer in the wintertime.
DJ’s Painting, a local painting contractor in southern New Jersey, is passionate about paint. When you hire us for your residential or commercial painting, you can rest assured that you will get a top-notch paint job that will have you standing out from the crowd. Call today for your free quote!
Our Southern New Jersey Service Areas Include:
Our Services Include: