NJ's Expert Residential, Commercial, & Industrial Painting Service
Top Rated Local® Interior & Exterior Painting Service
The Best Colors to Paint Your House When Selling
April 4, 2018
In a previous blog post, we explained why you should paint your house before selling. But it takes more thought than just grabbing a random can of paint from the hardware store. The fact is that a house’s paint color matters. Said chief economist Svenja Gudell of Zillow, “Color can be a powerful tool for attracting buyers to a home, especially in listing photos and videos.” As you can see on Business Insider, Gudell also mentions that painting walls in shades of blue and pale gray (natural-looking colors) make a home feel larger. Let’s take a closer look at which colors provide the most bang for your buck and which you should leave at the store.
- Kitchens – Think about a light blue to a soft gray-blue scheme in this space. Interestingly, homes with these colors in the kitchen sold for more than $1,800 more on average. In contrast, homes featuring kitchens that are painted yellow sold for about $820 less. That’s more than a $2,500 difference!
- Bathrooms – Maybe you’re wondering if painting the bathrooms off-white or eggshell white is the safest bet. Unfortunately, these homes sell for $4,000 less on average. Kind of crazy, right? So what color should you go with in the bathrooms? Frankly, a light powder blue to periwinkle is best. Zillow confirms that these homes sell for about $5,400 more.
- Dining room – We’re starting to get to the rooms where we see all sorts of paint colors. With the dining room, it’s a good idea to opt for slate blue to pale gray-blue. Even navy blue works well in this space. These homes sold for nearly $2,000 more. It’s a different story, however, with red dining rooms. Whether it’s brick red, terracotta, or copper red, the result is lost money. These homes sold for about $2,000 less on average because of the paint job in the dining room.
- House exterior – Don’t make the mistake of painting your home’s exterior brown. On average, these homes sell for less $1,900. As an alternative, consider greige – a mix of gray and beige. These homes typically fetch about $1,500 more on average.
- Front door – Is it really worth your time to paint the front door a certain color? The short answer is yes. Homes featuring a front door painted navy blue to dark gray or charcoal sell for more than $1,500 on average. That’s a pretty significant boost if you ask us.
How Our House Painter Can Help
DJ’s Painting is more than just another painting company in New Jersey. For one thing, we’ve been serving the area for more than three decades. When you choose our painting service, you can feel at ease knowing that we have dealt with just about every coating system imaginable.
Our residential painting team has you covered (literally) when the time comes to sell your house. You can count on us to look at your project and write up an estimate with well-defined specifications. At DJ’s we strive to get the job done quickly, efficiently, and on budget.
Contact our residential painter today to request an estimate.
DJ's Painting can offer your facility more than just industrial painting. DJ's Painting can offer systems that will keep hot surfaces cool to the touch, saving energy costs for your business. Contact DJ's Painting today to find out about this system and other options like floor coatings to have your facility running and looking its best.
We are certified applicators of the concrete protector floor coating systems known as the Perma-flex system. We also work with several other manufacturers of standard high-quality epoxy and urethane floor coatings and stains. Whether you need garage door coatings or coated shop floors, we have what you need.
DJ's Painting has been South Jersey's home painter since 1986. Having painted thousands of homes in New Jersey including log cabin staining, DJ's Painting is the only choice when you want your home to look brand new again. We have the experience needed to get the job done right on every house painting project.