NJ's Expert Residential, Commercial, & Industrial Painting Service
Top Rated Local® Interior & Exterior Painting Service
Reasons to Paint Your House Before Selling
March 28, 2018
Selling a house is no walk in the park. Chances are that your days are currently filled with making home improvements and removing personal possessions. Soon, you will get in touch with a real estate agent and potential buyers. Before you do anything else, though, take a look at the paint, both inside and out. Does it really improve the viewing experience for buyers? Or is it more of an eyesore than anything else? If that’s the case, you probably want to paint your house before putting it on the market. Here are a few reasons why this is a good idea:
- First impressions matter – You know the phrase “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” That doesn’t exactly apply in the housing market. Prospective buyers are looking at every single detail, including the paint. If done well, a fresh coat highlights the character and personality of a home. Just remember that the paint selection you choose should be welcoming
- It feels nicer – Maybe you recently invested in bathroom or kitchen renovations. Just a few years ago, you had some major landscaping work done. All of these are great steps toward enhancing your home’s overall appeal. Now think about the paint again. Is it peeling, dirty, or faded whatsoever? Believe it or not, bad paint in one area gives the impression that the entire home is in poor shape. Instead, paint the picture (literally and figuratively) that your home has been properly maintained through the years.
- It leads to better pictures – Nearly all homes searches in 2018 begin online. That means buyers expect plenty of photos. Let’s say that a prospective buyer finds your listing. They might only take a few seconds to swipe through the few photos available. If they dislike the paint at all, there’s a good chance they will move on to the next listing without even visiting your property. If you want a home that feels bright and clean, a fresh coat of paint is an absolute must. Pro tip: since buyers appreciate plenty of natural light, make it a point to use light and neutral colors when painting.
- It masks any old smells – You might be selling the most beautiful house in New Jersey. That said, if a potential buyer gets a whiff of a funky smell, they’ll probably become skeptical in a hurry. Rather than let this happen, be proactive and hire an expert painter to mask the scent. The last thing you want is for your house to be remembered for a strange odor.
- It’s affordable – Whether you choose to tackle the project yourself or hire a professional, it won’t cost an arm and a leg just to have the house painted.
DJ’s Painting has been New Jersey’s choice for residential painting since 1986. Unlike other local house painters, our team specializes in all kinds of coating systems. You can count on our painting service to get the job done quickly, efficiently, on time, and on budget. There’s no need to settle for a mediocre painting company.
Let our residential painter assist you in the selling process. Contact us today to request an estimate.
DJ's Painting can offer your facility more than just industrial painting. DJ's Painting can offer systems that will keep hot surfaces cool to the touch, saving energy costs for your business. Contact DJ's Painting today to find out about this system and other options like floor coatings to have your facility running and looking its best.
We are certified applicators of the concrete protector floor coating systems known as the Perma-flex system. We also work with several other manufacturers of standard high-quality epoxy and urethane floor coatings and stains. Whether you need garage door coatings or coated shop floors, we have what you need.
DJ's Painting has been South Jersey's home painter since 1986. Having painted thousands of homes in New Jersey including log cabin staining, DJ's Painting is the only choice when you want your home to look brand new again. We have the experience needed to get the job done right on every house painting project.