NJ's Expert Residential, Commercial, & Industrial Painting Service
Top Rated Local® Interior & Exterior Painting Service
Mistakes to Avoid When Hiring a Painter
May 8, 2018
In a previous post, we explained why spring is the perfect time to paint your house. Now comes hiring the right residential painting service. Easy enough, right? Your plan is to go online and call the first painting company that shows up in the results. Not so fast. The last thing you want to do is speed through the hiring process and wind up with a shady contractor. With that in mind, here are the top five mistakes to avoid when hiring a residential painter in New Jersey:
- Hiring an unlicensed contractor – Anyone with a truck and some paint can pose as a “professional.” However, you’re only setting yourself up for trouble if you decide on an uninsured or unlicensed contractor. What’s the worst thing that could happen? Well, say that the painter falls while working on your property. Should they have injuries, you are the one held responsible. Why take on such a risk? You can feel comfortable knowing that DJ’s Painting is fully licensed and insured.
- Using the wrong paint – Some house painting services try to cut costs by using low-quality paints. Why settle for such products and then be forced to pay for another paint job in the near future? Here at DJ’s, we are proud to use only the best paints and coatings. Whether your project requires exterior painting, pressure washing, deck staining, or garage door painting, you can count on us to use the industry’s top-notch products.
- Overlooking experience – Every painting company has to start somewhere. With that in mind, we don’t advise taking a chance on one that seemingly popped out of nowhere. Be aware that a poor interior or exterior painting job can make your entire space unattractive. Ultimately, remember that your home is an investment. Homeowners in New Jersey have relied on DJ’s Painting for more than three decades. Our talented team has painted thousands of homes and counting. So if you have any doubt about which house painter to choose, remember that experience is king.
- Not getting a written contract – This is how numerous painting companies rip off their customers. Having the project outlined in writing helps solve problems before they even happen. Just be sure that you take the time to read through the entire contract before signing it. A painter who cares about their customers will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the details. At DJ’s, one of the first things we do is write up an estimate with a clear scope of work and well-defined specifications. By no means will we leave you in the dark at any point during the project.
- Hiring a residential painter with no references – If you can’t find any positive company reviews, a red flag should go up in your head. At DJ’s Painting, we have a long list of satisfied customers who serve as references. Take it from Vira Hampton in Pittsgrove, who said that the crew was “very nice and top-notch.” Linda White, another customer, exclaimed that “The guys did an awesome job on both projects. I will tell everyone I know to use DJ’s!”
Not Your Average House Painter
We are often asked how DJ’s came into existence. The fun began when our founder, Daniel J. Haer, started a painting company out of his parent’s garage in Millville. At the time, Daniel and some friends from school were painting vacant units for local apartment complexes. Soon, the company grew to cover all of the tri-state area. Daniel’s client list not only includes apartment complexes but also condo associations and residential homes.
There’s no question that the industry has changed quite a bit since 1986. Yet, DJ’s holds true to those original values from more than 30 years ago. We strive to provide a level of service and expertise that has not existed in the industry before. Whether you’re interested in industrial painting, commercial painting, residential painting, or floor coatings, we want to make your experience with us a positive one.
Previous customers would agree that DJ’s is the only choice when you want your property to look brand new. You can rest easy knowing that we will complete your project efficiently, on time, and on budget.
See what our house painter can do for you. Request an estimate today.
DJ's Painting can offer your facility more than just industrial painting. DJ's Painting can offer systems that will keep hot surfaces cool to the touch, saving energy costs for your business. Contact DJ's Painting today to find out about this system and other options like floor coatings to have your facility running and looking its best.
We are certified applicators of the concrete protector floor coating systems known as the Perma-flex system. We also work with several other manufacturers of standard high-quality epoxy and urethane floor coatings and stains. Whether you need garage door coatings or coated shop floors, we have what you need.
DJ's Painting has been South Jersey's home painter since 1986. Having painted thousands of homes in New Jersey including log cabin staining, DJ's Painting is the only choice when you want your home to look brand new again. We have the experience needed to get the job done right on every house painting project.