We recently offered some tips on how to paint your house like a pro. But what if you just don’t have the time to tackle a painting project on your own?
Sure, you could type the words ‘house painter’ into Google and contact the first business that comes up in the results. Here’s the thing, though: not every contractor performs quality work.
That’s why we recommend doing some homework of your own. The more informed you are, the easier it is to make the right decision.
Here are five qualities to look for in a painter:
- Skill – This one’s pretty obvious. Yet far too many homeowners make the mistake of hiring a painter who doesn’t really know what they’re doing. The last thing you want is to pay twice for the work to be done. So how can you truly gauge the expertise of a painting company? We recommend looking into customer testimonials and reviews. If a business is unwilling to provide references, a red flag should go up in your head.
- Experience – This ties in with skill. Let’s say you’re trying to choose between a painter with 30 years of experience and another with just a few months in the industry. Granted, everyone has to start someone in their career. But do you want to hold your breath with an inexperienced painting contractor? We’re guessing not. When in doubt, opt for experience.
- Versatility – In addition to being a homeowner, maybe you’re also a business owner. Try to think back to the last time your commercial space was painted. It could be that it’s been years and years. Why hire one painting service to handle your residence and another to paint your business? You can feel comfortable knowing that DJ’s Painting does everything from residential painting to commercial painting and everything in between.
- Affordability – Some painters charge outrageous prices for their services. That’s not how we do things at DJ’s. You can count on our painting company to look closely at your project, write up an estimate with a clear scope of specifications, and then complete the job while staying within budget. Best of all, there’s no need to worry about hidden fees or gimmicks. It’s our belief that New Jersey residents deserve affordable, upfront pricing.
- Integrity – You shouldn’t have to deal with a residential painter whose only concern is taking your money. At DJ’s, we walk you through the entire process. Have questions along the way? We are happy to answer each and every one of them. One more thing regarding our integrity is that our team uses only best paints and coatings. Never will we use low-quality materials just to save a buck. DJ’s Painting regularly uses Benjamin Moore, Sherwin-Williams, BEHR, and other top-of-the-line brands.
At DJ’s, we take the hassle out of trying to find the best painter in New Jersey. There’s no need to settle for mediocre painting service.
Instead, get in touch with a team that’s been there and done that in the industry.
Contact us today to request an estimate.