Not all painters are the same. Unfortunately, a sizable chunk make their money by scheming unknowing homeowners and business owners. Think about this for a minute: anyone with a truck and some supplies can pose as an experienced painter. The last thing you want is to give your hard-earned money to someone who has no idea what they’re doing. That’s why it’s imperative to do some homework of your own and ask potential candidates the right questions. With that in mind, here are five questions to ask a painting company before hiring one:
- “Do you have insurance?” – Believe it or not, some painters do not have the proper insurance. You should never consider working with a commercial or residential painter who lacks comprehensive business liability coverage and workmen’s compensation. Not sure about the validity of a contractor’s insurance? Don’t worry. Just call the insurance carrier and confirm that it’s a current, active policy. This takes about a minute and could prevent you from a disaster down the road.
- “Do you conduct background checks before hiring your staff?” – Whoever you wind up hiring is going to be spending quite a bit of time in your home. Do you really want to run the risk of having someone with a criminal background around your family and belongings? We’re guessing not. Sure, any business owner can say that everyone on their crew has been working there for decades. Don’t fall for the smoke and mirror nonsense, though. Do some additional digging to see if they’re willing to provide information regarding background checks.
- “What kind of paint and other materials do you use?” – Now that you’ve gotten through the initial questions, it’s time to focus on the project itself. Be aware that the quality of materials used will impact how it looks and how long it lasts. The best paints usually contain ingredients such as resins, binders, and titanium. Here at DJ’s Painting in New Jersey, we use the absolute best materials. Some of our favorite brands to work with include Benjamin Moore, Sherwin-Williams, and BEHR.
- “What specific services do you provide?” – It’s fairly common for a painting service to be limited in what they can do. That’s not the case at DJ’s. For example, are you looking for a dependable house painter? Rest assured that our residential painter will transform your home in no time. On the other hand, are you more interested in commercial painting? We have the expertise to solve all of your coating issues. DJ’s has years of experience painting thousands of restaurants, hotels, banks, office buildings, and other commercial facilities throughout the area. Simply put, we can make your business look its best.
- “Can you provide references?” – A reputable painting company should be more than willing to provide references upon request. It doesn’t hurt, either, to check their website for additional testimonials.
The Most Trusted Painter in New Jersey
From residential painting and industrial painting to commercial painting and floor coatings, DJ’s will happily customize a solution to fit your needs. We are proud to have set the standard for what a client should expect when hiring a painter.
Get in touch with us today to request an estimate.